General Booking Information
- Bookings can be made by telephone, email or by using our online booking system.
- A minimum stay of 2 consecutive nights applies on a Friday and Saturday
- Single nights may be available for late availability, please contact us for more information.
- Please let us know of any special requirements at the time of booking e.g. special diets/allergies and we will do our utmost to accommodate them.
- After making a booking you will receive confirmation by email. If for any reason you do not receive this, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Please check all booking information is correct and inform us of any amendments that need to be made.
- Please note if unforeseen circumstances occur we reserve the right to change the room booked to another room and will if possible notify you in advance of any changes
- Our normal arrival time is between 4:00pm and 9:00pm.
- As a small family business we will not normally be available to welcome you after 9.00 pm but arrangements can be made for you to arrive later than 9.00pm with prior arrangement
Early Check in Requests
- If you would like to check in before 4:00pm then please contact us by telephone to discuss your requirements.
- We will do our utmost to accommodate an early check in. However we are a small business and therefore not always be able to offer this.
- If you arrange an early check in, we cannot guarantee that bedrooms will be available for your use on arrival. You can safely leave bags and collect your keys..
- If for any reason an early check in is no longer required please let us know as soon as possible.
- If on the day of arrival you are delayed please contact us by telephone with an estimated time of arrival.
- We accept payment by cash, credit or debit cards.
- We are unable to accept American express
- A non-refundable deposit will be required for bookings; generally this is the cost of the first night. However for bookings of 5 or more nights the deposit may be more. Please ask when enquiring.
- For online bookings we will contact you to discuss your deposit payment amount.
- Deposits can be paid by bank transfer (BACS) cheque. Or card
- Deposits are non refundable..
- Full or balance payment is due on arrival.
- We expect guests to vacate their room by 11am on the morning of departure.
- Late checkout of no later than 12pm may be available at an additional cost of £20, this must be arranged in advance and is subject to the room not being needed for an early check in
- Please ensure all keys are returned on departure. A charge of £5.00 per key will be charged if keys are lost or not returned.
- If for any reason you will not be able to stay with us, please contact us as soon as possible.
- You can cancel by email or telephone.
- We accept cancellations up to 7 days before arrival without charge for the remaining accommodation amount, the deposit paid however is non refundable. .
- For cancellations made within 7 days of arrival, we reserve the right to invoice you for your accommodation.
- A minimum 2 night stay applies on a Friday and Saturday. If you need to cancel one night of a 2 night booking the cost of 2 nights will be charged.
- If you need to cancel you’re booking during your stay. The total cost of your booking will be charged.
- We advise guests to take out travel insurance to cover cancellations.
Cancellations By Claxton Hall Cottage
- If we have to cancel a booking due to exceptional circumstances e.g illness, injury,severe weather or damage to property etc, we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible. Unfortunately we would be not be able to book you alternative accommodation. We do not accept any further additional liability.
- Where possible please ensure we have a mobile contact for you in case of emergency.
- We reserve the right to terminate a booking at any time, if the actions of guests are deemed detrimental to the property or comfort of others.
- We are closed over Christmas/ and New Year
- All our rooms are Non-Smoking
- If you require a taxi during your stay, we advise that you pre-book with a local company before arrival. Taxis can be difficult to arrange at short notice and be more expensive..
- Guests using our car parking area do so at their own risk. We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to vehicles or their contents.
- We ask guests to respect that this is a family run business and that you are guests in our home.
- We welcome wedding parties and have 5 en-suite rooms available. Many people request exclusive use of the cottage for this special occasion and this can easily be arranged subject to the following conditions
Minimum of a two night stay per room.
- At the time of booking a refundable deposit of £200 will need to be paid against possible damages and breakages. Please note that this deposit is in addition to the normal booking deposit.
- All guest rooms have a maximum occupancy of two people
- The Cottage kitchen is not for guest use, our insurance does not cover us for guests on a self catering basis
- The facilities in the cottage may only be used by the residents, regrettably it is not possible to provide showering/changing facilities for other wedding guests not resident at the time
- If you wish for photographers/make up artists etc to arrive on your wedding morning this can be accommodated but only with prior notice
- Our wedding package is available at an additional cost of £150. This includes early check in, champagne breakfast on your wedding morning and nibbles whilst you are preparing for your wedding
- On the morning of departure all rooms/public areas need to be vacated by 11.00am unless the wedding package has been booked
By booking with us you have agreed to these Terms and Conditions.